Witches like to protect their homes from things such as negative energies, malicious spirits, and even unwanted…
You may know the old adage, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This is certainly true when it comes to your pet, who is a valued family member and perhaps even your familiar. This simple Pet Protection Spell can help your keep your pet safe. Of course, this spell isn’t a substitute for common sense but rather an extra layer of protection.
The goddess Aphrodite is invoked for this protection spell as she is a patron goddess of all animals. However, you can also call upon Hecate, the patron goddess of dogs; Bastet, the patron goddess of cats; Epona, a patron goddess of horses; St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of all animals; Ariel, the patron archangel of all animals; or the universe in general. There’s no right or wrong as it’s a matter of your personal beliefs.
This spell calls for a white candle and frankincense essential oil, both of which are very effective in protection magick.
- If you can, use a beeswax candle as it’s said that prayers and spells spoken over burning beeswax candles are taken directly to the ears of deities, making them more powerful.
- If you don’t have a white candle, you can substitute a natural beeswax candle.
- If you have sensitive skin, dilute the frankincense essential oil with a few drops of olive oil, a carrier oil, which is also very effective in protection magick.
This spell should NOT ever be used to take the place of advice from a veterinarian or any other animal healthcare professionals nor to delay the seeking or utilization of such health and medical advice.
Tools & Ingredients:
- a small white candle
- a few drops of frankincense essential oil
- a carving tool
- a few drops of olive oil (optional)
- Carve the name(s) of your pet(s) in the candle using a carving implement.
- Dress the candle with 2 or 3 drops of frankincense essential oil, using your fingers. If you have sensitive skin, add 2 or 3 drops of olive oil for every drop of frankincense essential oil. As you dress your candle, visualize your pet being and feeling safe and secure.
- Place the candle in a holder or on a fire-safe plate.
- Light it and say:
I call upon you, Aphrodite,
to keep (pet’s name) safe from harm.
Watch over her every single day
so that her life is charmed.
As I will, so be it
- Allow the candle to burn out undisturbed in a safe location.
Learn more about Pet Spells.
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT leave burning candles unattended nor children unattended with burning candles.