Whenever you move into a home that's new to you, it needs to be cleared of the…
It’s easier to protect your home from negative energies, magick and spirit than it is to dispel them and doing so is necessary to maintain your home as your sanctuary. This easy yet effective spell will help protect your home from them. It is often performed symbolically at the start of the new calendar year, January 1st, but it can be effected on any day of the year.
For added protection, finish your spell with a sprinkling of Witch’s Black Salt, also called Sal Negro as well as simply Black Salt or Witch’s Salt. This blended salt is one of the most effective tools to use against negative energies and spirits.
Tools & Ingredients:
- a regular broom
- a clean white dustcloth
- Witch’s Black Salt (optional)
- Starting at your front or main entrance door, dust your entire home until you circle back to that door.
- Then, once again starting at your front or main entrance door, sweep your entire home until you circle back to that door.
- Gather up the dustings and sweepings and take them to the nearest intersection from the property your home sits on and discard them. This releases both your intentions and any negativity that was in your home to the universe.
- Optional: For added protection, sprinkle 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Black Salt across the threshold of every exterior door to your home as well as the exterior sill of each window. It’s easiest to do this from outside, with your door(s) closed.