This water is charged with the magickal energies of both the full moon and sea salt. To…
Witch’s Black Salt is also called Sal Negro as well as simply Witch’s Salt or Black Salt. It is used mainly in banishing, binding, dispelling, and protection magick. It is considered to be the most powerful salt for these purposes. Witch’s Black Salt is a combination of 2 parts sea salt mixed with 1 part fine ashes collected from the remnants of a ritual fire or a sacred fire. You can buy it from metaphysical shops but it is easy enough to mix yourself which will make it much more effective in your spells. To make it even more powerful, craft it with fleur de sel.
IMPORTANT: This magickal Witch’s Black Salt is not edible and should not be confused with culinary black salts, such as Hawaiian lava salt. Do not ingest it.
Tools & Ingredients:
- 2 parts fine sea salt or fleur de sel
- 1 part ashes remaining from a ritual, strong spell, or sacred fire
- a mortar and pestle
- an airtight container or salt box
- Place the salt and ashes together in the mortar.
- Grind together with the pestle until the salt and ashes are a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container or saltbox in a cool, dark place.