This is water that has been infused with the magickal energy of lavender. It can serve as…
This is water that has been infused with the magickal energy of basil. Also known as Witch’s Herb, basil is an all-purpose herb that can be used in a variety of magick, including but not limited to abundance, fertility, friendship, home protection, luck, and prosperity magick. You can easily craft your own Basil Water with the following spell.
It is important to use fresh pesticide-free organic basil, especially if your Basil Water will be ingested, applied to skin, or used in a magickal bath. For an added magickal boost, use organic basil that you’ve grown yourself. Smaller varieties of basil, such as Dwarf Green Basil and Spicy Bush Basil can be grown in your home for year-round access.
It is equally important to use distilled water as it is contaminant-free which will keep your Basil Water fresh longer.
Tools & Ingredients:
- a bunch of fresh pesticide-free basil
- 2 cups distilled water plus extra for washing the basil
- 1 tablespoon good quality vodka (optional)
- a saucepan with a lid
- a wooden spoon
- cheesecloth or a strainer
- a clean glass jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid or stopper
- Go through the basil and pick off any dying or slimy leaves and stems.
- Wash the basil thoroughly with the extra distilled water.
- Bring 2 cups of distilled water to a boil in the saucepan and then remove from heat.
- Add the basil, pushing it under the boiled water with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the pot and allow the basil to steep in the water until it cools down, occasionally pushing the basil beneath the water’s surface with the spoon.
- Pour the basil water through a cheesecloth or strainer into the jar or bottle and seal it with the lid or stopper.
- If you’re not using your Basil Water in a spell right away, add the optional vodka as a stabilizer to keep it fresh for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- For a magickal boost, Basil Water can be used as a substitute for plain water in abundance, fertility, friendship, home protection, luck, and prosperity spells that call for water.
- It can also be used as-is to your protect home as Basil Water will prevent intruders and other unwanted “guests” or pests from entering your home somewhere other than your home where you might be staying, such as a hotel room. Simply spritz (with a spray bottle) or pour it across exterior door thresholds and steps as well as exterior window sills.
- Basil Water may also be used as an ingredient in abundance, fertility, friendship, home protection, luck, and prosperity spells, rituals, or magickal baths.