Unfortunately, there are times when you need protection, whether from a psychic attack, a hex or curse,…
New Year Floor Wash Spell
You may ring in the new year on January 1st, the first day of the calendar year. Or perhaps, you celebrate it during Samhain, as it’s considered by some to be the Pagan new year. Either way, it’s always good to start a new year by clearing out the negative energies lingering in your home or space and then to protect your it afterward.
This New Year Floor Wash Spell does double-duty by both dispelling negative energies and protecting. It calls for rosemary, an herb that is effective in clearing, cleaning, dispelling, and purification spells. It also uses lemon, a potent purifier, and salt which is powerful in cleansing and protection magick.
- The floor should already be physically clean – swept and mopped – prior to applying the magickal floor wash.
- If fresh rosemary isn’t available, use dried rosemary but tie it in cheesecloth or a cloth teabag. Otherwise, you’ll end up with rosemary leaves all over your home.
Tools & Ingredients:
- one fresh lemon
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon common salt or kosher salt
- a clean pail
- a clean mop
- a clean white cotton cloth
- Fill your pail 2/3 with hot water. Squeeze the juice of your lemon into it and then drop in the remaining lemon. Add the salt and rosemary. Stir.
- To rid your home of negative energies, begin at your front or main entrance door and start mopping or handwashing your floor. Work in a counterclockwise direction as it dispels energy, until you work your way back to your front or main entrance door.
- Allow your floors to dry thoroughly.
- To protect your home, use the same floor wash and begin wiping exterior doors and windows, starting with your front or main entrance door. Wipe in a clockwise direction as it will raise the energies needed to protect your home.
- Once you’re done, pour your used floor wash down your sink and say:
Last year’s woes are left behind;
good memories are held dear.
That time has passed, so out with the old
and in with a bright New Year.
- Enjoy your cleared space.