Sun Water, also called Solar Water, is spring water that has been infused with the energy of the…
This is water that has been brewed to infuse it with the magickal energies of lemons. This fruit is effective in several magickal applications including banishings, cleansings, friendship, habit-breaking, habit-making, healing, longevity, mental clarity, negativity, non-sexual desires, and purification as well as moon magick. You can easily craft your own brewed Lemon Water with the following spell. It is made from lemon zest which is the yellow part of the rind or peel. The white part, pith, is quite bitter and best avoided when making Lemon Water.
It is important to use organic lemons, which are grown without pesticides or other chemicals, especially if your Lemon Water will be ingested, applied to skin, or used in a magickal bath. It is equally important to use distilled water as it is contaminant-free which will keep your Lemon Water fresh longer.
Tools & Ingredients:
- 1 lemon or 1/8 cup dried organic lemon zest
- 2 cups of distilled water plus extra for washing if using a fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon of good quality vodka (optional)
- a paring knife or a zest grater
- a saucepan with a lid
- a wooden spoon
- a clean glass jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid or stopper
- If using a fresh lemon, wash it thoroughly with the extra distilled water. Then, carefully peel or grate the zest from the lemon rind. Store the remaining fruit in an airtight container for other uses for up to 5 days.
- Bring 2 cups of distilled water to a boil in the saucepan.
- Add the lemon zest, pushing it under the water with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Allow the zest to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Carefully pour the water through a cheesecloth or strainer to into the jar or bottle to separate the zest as your Lemon Water will be bright yellow and may stain skin or textiles.
- Squeeze the zest in the cheesecloth or press it in the strainer with the wooden spoon to extract any remaining liquid and essential oils from it.
- If you’re not using your Lemon Water in a spell right away, add the optional vodka as a stabilizer to keep it fresh for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- For a magickal boost, Lemon Water can be used as a replacement for plain water in spells that call for water.
- It can also be added to a magickal bath to increase its potency.